Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Blog is Born

Frederick Joel Bird
about August 1875
age 15 weeks
I've been on a scanning kick this week, putting my Fujitsu ScanSnap to very good use.  In the process, I have rediscovered a wealth of information - stories, letters, photos and records - about my Bird family ancestors.  Because I am the (very grateful) recipient of the genealogical records collected by FJ Bird, it seems appropriate that I find some way to share these treasures with all of his descendants.  Just a few years ago, that would have been quite a challenge. Not so, today!  The biggest challenge now is setting aside time to sit still (and stay focused!) long enough to put something together.

The idea is that this blog will be brief entries - just a quick vignette, and a photo or scan of something. That will make it more do-able on my end, and more readable on yours. I will continue to share more in-depth stories on my Family History Find of the Day blog.


I've got some great things to share, and hope you'll check back often, or subscribe to email updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment